Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Shout out to the Gaither Vocal Band

I know this is supposed to be about physics, but it's my blog and I can blog about anything I want to. And as my friend Neil pointed out, I've already "polluted" it (yes, that was his word) with my musings about Israel and the Jews. I guess we're lucky I decided to name this site in honor of physics before I decided to started writing about the Jews, because otherwise the name of the blog might have had unfortunate connotations.

Anyhow, I was browsing youtube two days ago and I landed on a video that's so beautiful I can't stop listening to it: it's The Gaither Vocal Band singing "There Is A River". You know, when gospel music is at its best, it puts every other form of music to shame. When I'm listening to this stuff, I can't imagine choosing to listen to any other kind of music. Absolutely phenomenal.

Now I've got to get back to work on solving the Stern Gerlach wave function for the case of the polarized electron beam in a quadrupole field.

EDIT: The link above doesn't work any more for me. It may be blocked in certain countries. This one seems just fine...

No comments: